Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40,000 evolution:Q Army & Allies

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:57:37 -0400

Hi!

Strictly speaking if an Imperial player has a core army of IG and wants SM and TG as allies he can do so, but he will have to squeeze them both into the 25%, NOT 25% for TG and 25% for SM. In essence you won't be able to do this effectively except in larger games due to cost restrictions. In a 6000 point game you would get 1500 on allies so it gets tough to squeeze both SM and TG into that although it can be done.

Allies are a privilidge, not a right, so these restrictions should be enforced. Its too easy for a player's to make armies that minimize the weakness an army has this way. By far its mostly Imperial players that do this. I could see blending IG and TG as a house rule with unrestricted purchase, but never with SM as allies.

Peter