GW & criticism

From: bikerbeerstud <bikerbeerstud_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 19:56:06 -0000

Of course GW can turn their noses up at their customers. They are a
privately traded company and private companies can do that. Of
course, we all know that if they were a public company their
shareholders would bitch-slap them for such shabby business
practices, force them to listen to their customers, make changes to
their products and lower prices to increase their market base and
profits.

It's amazing that they have exsisted all this time on just a couple
of products. I mean, really now, aside from miniatures they only
have two games. And if you compare that to other companies, that
makes them small time. If they could keep all their better games in
production without sabota...I mean, without the consumers not
supporting them, they'd have WHFB, 40k, Epic, BFG, Man-o-war,
Talisman, Hero Quest, Necromunda and perhaps some others.

Seems as though every time they branch out into another gaming style,
even though it's all in the same fantasy/future universe, and start
to attract new customers, they let it die on the vine. It's as if
they expect these new customers to start playing their core games
because the game they are interested in got dropped by GW.

I doubt GW will fail completely, but they will never be a large,
successful company.

Mart-Man