Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40,000 evolution

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 17:24:57 -0400

Hi!

<grin> GW likes criticism as long as it goes with the party line. It's when it doesn't that they begin to have a problem with it. I have always loved their excuses for failed games, especially that we aren't "enlightened" enough to "get it". They seem to forget customers have the money they want. It all falls in to place really, they dont pay attention to fans of the game, because they perceive (falsely) there is no more money to milk from them. Their "hobby" is now more like a fad now. For them the ideal is to get a whole bunch of adolescents to cough up (or rather their parents) money for something they play a month or two only to leave it for the next fad. To then get them on something else 6 months to a year down the line. They don't want "old hands", they don't want devoted fans, all this would mean they would have to listen and kiss our asses. Fat chance.

Hehe, I have often thought that Hasbro will swallow them. I know many hate Hasbro, you know big corporation and all, but as far as I am concerned they saved D&D after TSR totally bankrupt it. Hell I'm playing D&D again after years of giving up on it due to better quality and prices. One thing is for sure, if Hasbro bought GW, at least you'd see epic plastics without the whining about how expensive it is to make. Actually they'd probably make EVERYTHING plastic. Fine with me. They'd be cheaper too, imagine the old ten sprue packs at 20-25 dollars, they'd be swimming in dough too. Oh well dream on until them. I for one won't be sad when GW croaks since any other company will do a better job with epic. Thats a good thing about screwing things up is that once you reach rock-bottom you can only go up!

Peter