Re: [NetEpic ML] GW & criticism

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:19:21 -0400

Hi!

I had a recollection that they were publically traded but wasn't sure ,thanks for clearing it up!

"huge" is relative. While 91 million pounds sterling is a lot of money its very small when to compared other markets like consumer electronics which reach the billions of pounds. GW is certainly a big, but in a small niche and also they are not the biggest "fish in that small niche when compared to WOTC and Hasbro.

They do make great minis though, although other companies have closed that gap quite considerably and for far less money. GW could justify their prices for many years because simply put there was really no comparison in quality. Nowadays that difference is quite smaller, hardly justifiable for the sometimes large price difference.

What history scale and period do you favor?

Peter