Re: [NetEpic ML] GW & criticism

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:37:51 +1000

As an aside to this, there are a good number of gamers out there who hate
the plastic mini kits. One friend of mine is proud of the fact that his
armies have NO plastic in them. At all. He will only use metal or resin
minis as he believes that only metal and resin has the detail he's
after. Plus he says that the plastic ones just don't feel right.

I have another friend who hates having to assemble plastic minis. "I want
to buy miniatures, not construction kits" is his favourite line.

For myself, I am of the opinion that if I can get it cheaper with plastic
and they look almost as good as metal, heck, I'll take the plastic. The
problem I have with GW plastics is that at times they are as expensive as
some company's metal lines per figure!

>Very true, any company that makes mini games MUST have a plastic line of
>the most common troops. What wouldn't I give for plastic sprues of Leman
>russ for epic and otehr such units that one must now buy in metal with the
>extra price.
>
>Peter

-Kelvin....

"Oh no! Waspinator is pinned