websid/jervis

From: christian danckworth <ce.de_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:50:03 -0000

it would be cool to also put the 4.1 rules on it !

by the way - i agree with warren about the jervis paper - with my interest in new miniatures and the possibility to keep epic alive - but my main interest besides would be to make netepic grow - including the visual upgrades , which - of course - are not easy - to make it really attractive (including artwork ,etc.). on the other hand i think that bashing epic 40.000/gw is useless in a way that i think epic 40.000 also has good sides, it is a question of taste - unfortunately a modified 2nd edition version by gw is quite unrealistic - but that doesnt matter because there is this group - and the rules development of this group is on a high quality of it - i think it would be usefull to put the main energy in making netepic grow - by "recruiting" new players - kind of doublestrategy - on one hand interest/need for the new minis (i have seen prototypes of forgeworld epic tau on dropship - really great) and on the other hand a structure of attraction - for example - better artwork, sources (where do i get the files , the minis - for example ebay, a players-list, etc.).
heresy for example is not my thing, i am not really interested in it, because me and my epic -group use netepic - including houserules, share miniatures, or sources or buy stuff together, make our own conversions and armycards (creativity) - on the basis that we all love the warhammer 40.000 universe and think epic battles are done best with netepic rules.
i am quite busy at the moment - but what i can offer : when i find the time i can do some new layout of the rules and armybooks (better than the standard times-new-roman-look). if there is interest i need to know one thing : which kind of artwork by gw can be used without getting real trouble ? (to make a hint to the 40.000 backround this would be important - i did my personal layout of my netepic books for example cause i love artwork and great layout as an important aspect of atmosphere).
i am quite tired at the moment so this were some little thoughts out of my tired mind - i am looking forward to the debate about the jervis paper
c-ya
christian

for those who do not know : "weirdboy" - an netepic-e-zine can be found on my page http://www.fantastictool.net.