Re: [NetEpic ML] Members

From: Brad Thurmond <bradthurmond_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:32:13 -0400

Okay, I'll take a shot at that one. :)

I've only been on the list a couple weeks or so. What prompted me to join
was I recently bought a half dozen older White Dwarfs off a guy on eBay
(late 190s and early 200s). Turns out they had a bunch of E40K articles in
them. I got all worked up about the look of the game and thought I'd see if
there was an email list for E40K. Found you guys and joined.

I played two games of the version right before Epic 40K, several years ago.
There was a small game store about 30 minutes from where I live and one guy
there was ate up with the game. Tons of great minis, beautiful terrain,
etc.

He got me to play a game or two and I kinda' liked it and kinda' hated it.
I LOVED the look of the game. I don't know what it is about those tiny
minis, but they look so much cooler to me than 40K scale stuff. (Yes, I dig
Warmaster too for the same reason!)

As I recall, there were lots of fiddly rules and it took a while to get
through the game. A big part of that was due to my being a newbie with the
system and not owning the game myself. I swore I was gonna dive into Epic
40K when it came out. Once it was released about a month after those two
games, the guy who had gotten me interested in the store was absolutely
freakin' in a rage about the game. He hated it and would go on and on about
how GW had ruined his game. He wouldn't play it and none of my regular guys
were down with it, so I never bought it.

If GW does release any version of the game, I'll dive in. The only thing
that has held me back recently was I didn't want to get into a game where I
had to buy everything second hand off eBay or through GW Archive, etc.

Whew! Sorry about the length.

brad