Re: Re: [NetEpic ML] My opinions on recent posts

From: Graham Whitehead <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:28:49 -0000

Hi,

40,000 points in 8 hours ? Now we KNOW you're kidding :-))

I reckon to be able to play 15-20,000 point SM/TL games in a day, but 40,000
!! Does that include setting out all the troops? The nearest I have played
was a SM/TL game of 50,000 points of tyranids attacking 60,000 points of
Eldar & Imperial alliance (dug in behind fortifications with trenches, razor
wire and LOTS of minefields). It took us most of an afternoon just to get
the troops on the table. The game itself lasted over a month (about 160
hours playing time) although this would normally be shorter, this game was
part of a campaign - so had to be played out until one side was either wiped
out or managed to escape the battle arena. Also tyranid games tend to last
longer because of the regenerative qualities of the titans(cockroaches are
easier to kill!) and there was 36 of 'em on the field. Of course, if you had
several players on each side moving stuff at the same time, that would help.
In our game, the alliance had four players (it should have been five, but
the squats bottled it and went underground !!) but I was on my own with the
bugs.

Aah, the memories. That game went down in local history and was one of the
most enjoyable I have played. I prefer big games and like to play games that
last all day / all weekend with lots of detail and variety. I guess that's
why E40K left me stone cold.

Regards,
Graham