Re: [NetEpic ML] Advance Fire Phase Q.

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:35:11 -0400

Hi!

Absolutely! One of the major goals of advance fire is to mop up close combat survivors. Please note however that troops that are pinned in close combat that are on advance orders may not fire, becasue they are pinned. Units that are not pinned (lets say in the case of a infantry stand assaulting a super heavy vehicle) CAN fire normally in the advance fire phase.

In summary it is VERY wise to keep units in advance fire, especially within range of a position that may be assaulted and overrun, so you can make those assaulters pay dearly for victory. The converse is true too. If you assault a position make sure to engage or take out units close by on first fire because they will do the same to you!

Hope that helped!

Peter