RE: [NetEpic ML] Fliers..

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:18:41 +0200

Because that's the way it is in "real world(TM)" and, not to mention, makes the flyers worth having. If every tank could shoot flyers with their main armament it would be completely ridiculous as well as make the flyers extinct.

> As it stands, i can fight a
> chaos army, take
> a couple of companies of line troops backed up with several wings of
> Marauders and maybe some Thunderbolts, and unless i attack
> Chaos Marines
> (they'll need sixes to hit) or there's Doomwings present,
> there's nothing
> that can do anything to stop them killing anything they choose to.

If the Chaos player doesn't get any airpower he deserves it. Besides, every infantry unit which is attacked by the flyers can shoot at flyers with 6+ to hit. Not just the marines.

> Yeah, the more fliers, the less to hold the objectives with,
> but if you've
> got firepower to melt the enemy army away, it doesn't matter...
>
> Sam.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.