Re: [NetEpic ML] GW and Epic

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:50:11 -0400

Hi!
><grin> Of course I am! You don't collect over 300000 points and 120 titans without going overboard or >being slightly deranged.

  I understand that - I did at one point have around 400K (SMVII points) of IG / Marines alone but I got almost all that stuff cheap, second hand when everyone bailed out the hobby. :)

  Thats a lot indeed! I picked up a lot that way too when people bailed out of epic, why you get rid of it though?

>Besides how else can I fulfill my insane quest
>to own one million points in epic stuff? I buy seldom
>, when I do, I buy big. It will depend on what they
>bring out for Tau and what the variety is.

  Everything they have in 40K plus the manta Missile destroyer (mind you - if will gets his way they'll have that in 40k as well...)as I understand it (btw - you'll want a stack of pathfinders - I'm not sure if there's been any pictures on the web yet but they're absolutely incredible!). I haven't heard much about Kroot though so can't say for them.

  Yes I saw the pics, very nice indeed! I would like to see the kroot too, but we'll see. Sounds like they have enough variety.

>I usually construct the army list I want before I buy and
>preset the point value to target (30000 in this case), then
>I'll find out how many minis per package then buy. At a average
>price of 3.75 pounds I'd pick up at least a hundred stands maybe
>as many as 150. Sure when it's all said and done I'm looking at
>something over 1000 dollars US, but I dont buy much minis or
>games nowadays so I can swing it. Then again its a one time expense.
>Besides did I ever mention being a doctor is the US pays well? <grin>

  Well, good luck to you! I'll let Tony know he need's to double the casting run :) I know they're figuring on it being a display range and not something people will want full armies of - they'll have to change their plans I guess!

  Hehe, that would be funny if they didn't make enough, then again I'm patient.

  I look forward to seeing the photos of it :)

  Actually I am nearing an end of my inventory. It took ten full days to lay out, dictate and transcribe the quantity of units and take a global picture of each army, painted and unpainted. I wonder how much I really have now since the numbers I quote are pretty old (about 4 years old if I remember correctly). I have certainly picked up a prodigous amount of stuff lately. Perhaps I'm closer to 400k now, or even more.

  If you'd like I'll get you a full list and the picts to put on the website, if but just for the pure shock value!

  Oh, before I forget, you ever go over my DSII conversions and Heresy? Let me know.

  Peter