Master of Ravenwing (was: RE: [NetEpic ML] Problem with Marines)

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:21:24 +0200

I'm obviously somewhat biased, but IMO my suggestion was about on the same level as an Inquisitor. Let's see: fixed 5+ save vs the Inquisitor's fixed 4+. CAF +5 vs the Inquisitor's +6. No psychic save vs the Inquisitor's 4+ psychic save. Able to change the orders of _one Ravenwing_ detachment within 15cm vs _all Imperial_ units within 25cm being immune to morale checks. 2 attacks to 25cm on 5+ with 0 TSM and 2 attacks to 35cm on 4+ with 0 TSM vs. 2 attacks to 35cm on 4+ with -1 TSM. Master is faster (no pun intended :P) but the Inquisitor has a Rhino. Master of Ravenwing is a unique character and can't be bought separately while there can be multiple Inquisitors.

So the Inquisitor has higher CAF, better save, psychic save, a special ability which benefits _all Imperial troops_ within 25cm radius and has a negative save modifier. The Master has two more attacks and a special ability which affects only _one Ravenwing detachment_ within 15cm.

Summa summarum: I really don't think I went overboard even if I designed the Master in 20 minutes. In fact, I think the Master should cost less than a Inquisitor, around 50-75pts that is.

[snip]

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.