A newbie with a few questions, Ideas, etc

From: orpheus589 <aapsych20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 02:27:03 -0000

   Where to begin....... :) Hello, I'm Eric.. and I'm an alc......I
mean I'm a recent addition to the forces of the Imperium :).

   I'm trying to design my own chapter, so any suggestions will be
appreciated.
   The Stormwind SAM is an awesome idea, but here's something I'm
proposing drawing on my experience in modern microarmour games and
the model of the Russian 2S6 AAA/SAM. How about a Stormwind Mk.II
(or Firewind), modeled as a usual AA Whirlwing, but with two AA
cannons mounted between the missile naecelles, price it one and a
half times that of the Stormwind Mk.I, and give the cannons half to
two thirds the effect of the IG Hydra Flak tank (cannot fire both,
missiles and guns simultaneously, cannot divide fire).
   Also, is it allowed to use land speeders in squads of four (like
attack helicopters), instead of five (also three instead of 5 attack
bikes), with the full squadron composed of two to three squads of 4
plus a 2-speeder command squad? And how about mounting a Bike
company commander squad on 4-5 bikes (2 stands)with the commander?
Here's a proposed TO&E for a fast attack force
  -* Company HQ
       Company Captain (Master)in advanced land speeder (or bike
stand)
       Company master sergeant in land speeder (or bike stand)
       Company chaplain on bike (bike stand)
       Techmarine on bike stand (bike stand) and 1 Attack bike
  -* Fast Recon squad w/2-4 recon land speeders (can be attached out
to the chapter's batallion scout company)
  -* 2-3 Bike squadrons with 10 bikes each (5 stands)
       squadron command bike stand (2 bikes)
       2 squads of 4 bikes each (2 stands per squad)
       attack squadron with 3 attack bikes
  -* 1-2 Land Speeder squadrons with 10 speeders each
       squadron command with 2 land speeders
       2 squads of 4 land speeders each
 total (depends on options)=>14-26 land speeders, 6-10 attack bikes,
22-36 bikes
Feel free to critique my suggestions :)

   As for all the incredibly large epic armies you guys have
collected, I'm in complete awe. All I've got for my first epic army
so far are two Marine tactical, one battle, and a half of a ravenwing
companiey, with support transports, AT, mortars and dreadnoughts, and
two nifty dropship modified from V-22 Osprey 1/72 models. No where
near the 300k and 120 titans :< And I thought I was going a little
overboard with my russian modern combined arms division and west
german panzer brigadein platoon scale :). At least I've managed to
pick a well paying profession....just to think, in four more years,
and three more of neurological residency, I'll be able to afford
about a 50k army or three :)
   Now for a request if, I may. As you can probably tell, my Marine
chapter is a little feeble on the heavy infantry, and I would prefer
not to buy a load of sprues and pick out the fugures I need one by
one just to discard the rest, so I'm asking for a little help :) If
any of you have extra expendable terminators, assault marines or
devastators, as well as a few other tidbits, I'll wellcome any
addition to my army. I'm willing to pay a fair price in cash, or to
weed out some of my micro armour for a trade. Here's a short list:

*70-75 terminator figures (14-15 stands)
*30 devastator figures (individual or 15-17 stands with two
devastators per stand and preferably with old beaky original space
marines).
*100 Assault marines (20 stands)
*4-6 New Thunderhawk Gunships
*50 or so square bases
*10 predators (preferably plastic ones)
All preferably painted in Dark Angels/Salamanders dark green, or
primed black, or unpainted.

Thanks, and best regards
Eric.