Re: combining epic and netepic

From: orpheus589 <aapsych20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:11:14 -0000

  You don't even need to combine epic and netepic, just exercise your
creativity and common sense. Although I'm relatively new to epic, I
don't see how it's productive (or fun) to limit oneself to to
meticulously standardised detachments. In this century of warfare,
very few units anywhere were able to go into battle with full
standard TO&E. Most were either significantly understrenghthed as a
result of combat, or much reinforced for a given mission. I imagine
the case to be even more pronounced in the chaotic constant battles
of the 41st millenium. You can some up with some pretty powerful
battlegroups, but that's what the points system is for and always you
pay in full for what you get in order to get a relatively balanced
game.
  In other words, when in doubt, improvise, and suit your units for
their particular respective missions.
  For instance, my SM chapter scout company consists of a tactical
detachment (6 stands, I use old beaky marines since I don't really
like the new scouts or tacticals) in a Thunderhawk, a combined
mechanised detachment in 3 rhinos(4 tactical, 2 assault stands), 4-
landspeeder detachment, 4-light dreadnough detachment, a company
commander in a landraider, and an artillery spotter in rhino. Also,
both of my tactical companies in addition to the standard HQ and 3
tactical dtachments of 6 stands each, get a 4-stand devastator squad
in 2 rhinos, 3 mole mortars and a sniper stand in 2 rhinos, 3
whirlwinds, and 3 predators. That, and I have two company dropships
converted from 1/72 scale V-22 USMC VTOLs. I haven't playtested the
recce company or the dropships yet, but they're going to be awesome,
I have a feeling (even thought they bleed me out of points).

most importantly, enjoy it, have fun :>
best regards
Eric