[NetEpic ML] Re: Holofields vs Barrage

From: ckaminskipoboxcom <ckaminski_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:40:56 -0000

Two things, first in regards to the holofields, and then the barrage.

Holofields:
  Barrages get this special benefit particularly because they are
assumed to contain more ammunition of larger calibre and payload and
thereby cause more damage over a radius of effect, such as a missile,
rather than a specific point, as a bullet does.

Barrages:
  (Presuming you are not using the Forward Observer rules) I was
under the assumption that in NetEpic 4.1 only indirect barrages
required scatter of 2d6 in a random direction? Has this changed?
  Or am I on the money in that with the FO rules in place, your
statement: ( they always scatter ) is essentially correct?

-Chris

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As far as I can see its okay, although the wording is no longer to
my liking and will change it. In any event any attack that needs LOS
(pretty much everything), that isn't a non-physical psychic attack or
barrage attack gives an Eldar titan a holofield save. Shooting
expensive vortex missiles and warp missiles at Eldar titans is not a
cost effective ploy, since most of the time they will save and you
waste a good chunk of points.

> Note even though barrages ignore holofild saves, they always
scatter (its actually in the core rules not the Eldar book, as usual
the revision needs to fix quite a few things).