Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Holofields vs Barrage

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <lorenzo.canapicchi_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:23:14 +0100

Chris Kaminski wrote:
>From the NetEPIC 4.1 Eldar codex (Page 21):
> Holo-fields are useless against barrage weapons. Any barrage weapon
> attack ignores the Holo-field save for purposes of determining damage.
> On the other hand, Holo-field saves apply to all weapon attacks that do
> not use a template and are not psychic attacks, including Warp Missiles
> and even multiple Vibro-Cannon shots. The fact that the Warp missile
> does not travel through normal space is irrelevant since the Holo-field
> blocks the sight of the firer and conceals the Titan, and hence the
> firer may shoot the missile to a wrong spot, through Warp or not. If
> you want to destroy an Eldar Titan, use a barrage missile.
>
> If the following is so, I'm trading in all my IG/SM for Eldar.

Eh eh, what a deal :o) ok I take your IG and you take my Eldar army with
all the titans(..ok ok I know it's not fair, but he's so excited with
holofields :o) just don't tell him)

P.S. with IG I never (never) use Eldar Titans, and I always win, just try
to figure why.

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
TXT e-solutions S.p.A.