[NetEpic ML] Re: Holofields vs Barrage

From: ckaminskipoboxcom <ckaminski_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:05:16 -0000

I'm not complaining about the eldar holofields (I guess I am in a
way) but this scatter rule is COMPLETELY new to me. I've not seen in
in SM2, Netepic 4 or netepic 4.1, that's why I'm confused? It's more
like I'd have to admit to my friends that those 3 titans of his I
mauled last game actually probably would have been alive because we
weren't playing with automatic scatter on barrages (ala doomweaver
templates).

Doesn't click in my head. Barrages are by their very nature area
affect weapons. I'd expect them to ignore holofields w/o scatter.

And the only reason I lost was bad tactics. :) At least I'm man
enough to admit it.

Thanks!
-Chris

--- In netepic_at_y..., Lorenzo Canapicchi <lorenzo.canapicchi_at_t...>
wrote:
> Chris Kaminski wrote:
> >>From the NetEPIC 4.1 Eldar codex (Page 21):
> > Holo-fields are useless against barrage weapons. Any barrage
weapon
> > attack ignores the Holo-field save for purposes of determining
damage.
> > On the other hand, Holo-field saves apply to all weapon attacks
that do
> > not use a template and are not psychic attacks, including Warp
Missiles
> > and even multiple Vibro-Cannon shots. The fact that the Warp
missile
> > does not travel through normal space is irrelevant since the Holo-
field
> > blocks the sight of the firer and conceals the Titan, and hence
the
> > firer may shoot the missile to a wrong spot, through Warp or not.
If