Re: [NetEpic ML] Space Marine Structure

From: Darryl Hilbig <darrylhilbig_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:18:17

For the following reasons, maybe:

1. The 1000man Chapter is a limitation on the Space Marines (Campaign & Big
Budget games);

2. The fluff wasn't the problem with GW as much as the game; and

3. It provides some kind of 'historical' difference in army organisations
rather than an unchanging Battle Order through all of the history. Fluff
reasons could be budget cuts, political reasons (no power in one mans hand,
etc) and/or a changing battlefield role from an army to a strike/special
mission (not spec ops)unit within the Imperium.

Your thoughts
Darryl H

The theory and practice of gamesmanship or
The art of winning games without actually cheating.
(Title of book - Stephen Potter 1900-69)