RE: [NetEpic ML] Brainstorm session

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:03:23 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Peter Ramos [mailto:primarch_at_...t]
Sent: 26. March 2002 14:22
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Brainstorm session

Hi!

I thought I would throw out some ideas and comments that would be reviewed come revision time in order to get a feel for opinions:

1. While I could go either way on the holofield for Eldar super heavies, it did bring up a more important issue regarding the super heavy damage tables. Do people like the very simple one or are you using the more detailed ones? Whats the preference?

JS: I prefer the more detailed ones. I am probably the only one doing so.

2. Praetorian costs are too low. This has been discussed before and after much playtest I agree that they need to be increased. The fact that they have templates make them as powerful as titans and sould be priced accordingly. For example, look at the Colossus, with its 8 battle cannon hitting on 4+ and shields. This thing is as good as most warlord titans! I tinkered with the points formula and would suggest that most praetorians need a price hike of 150 points on average. Comments?

JS: This is true, and long overdue if I may add.

3. Another thorn is the issue of weapons with the same name having different stats for different units (bolters being the most prominent example). A lascannon should have the same stats regardless where its on as well as battle cannons, etc. Some uniformity here makes it easier for people to remember

JS: In that case we need new weapon names for vehicle AP weapons, flyer weapons and quite a few others.

4. AA guns should probably be defined as one of two types :static and mobile. Static AA are expensive, have long range and may only fire at either air or ground in a turn (not both). Mobile AA are cheap, shorter range and can fire at both ground and air units indescriminately.

JS: This is a good idea! Adds the differentiation of area AA and point AA to NetEpic in a nice way!

These are but some, more will come to me in time and I'll post them.

Peter

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.