[NetEpic ML] Re: Gargants and their Balls

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 11:59:13 +1100

At 02:51 PM 12/7/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Might be a tad simpler to keep the rules as they stand but state they don't
>knock down void or power shields (too slow, as stated in Codex Titanicus).

With the curent rules, I find it is too easy to knock a Titan's legs out,
knock out a Praetorian or to take out several tanks at once. That -4 save
is a real killer! Sure the "kill shields" is a nice bonus and a little too
good, but I never used it to try and take out the shields but more to knock
the legs out from under the target. Hell, when the opportunity arose, I'd
ignore enemy Titans/Pratorians to try and take down several Land Raiders or
Super Heavies that were nicely lined up for me! With the alternate rules I
posted, it loses some of its lethality but is still the fun, Orky weapon it
needs to be. The rules aren't that complex, they just look it. I liked
the old AT method of trying to land the ball right under a Warlord's
shields and then watching it detonate inside the shields! Ka-BOOM!!! ;-)

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."