Assault and Rhinos (Re: Netepic 5.0 suggestion)

From: orpheus589 <aapsych20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 02:13:06 -0000

   What do we do about the Assault platoon in the SM Battle company?
Usually the company is fielded as a ground-borne mechanized force in
Rhinos. It would seem a bit wasteful to divert precious air assault
transport assets in the form of a Thunderhawk to then deploy the
assault platoon separately and leave it with limited means to keep
pace with its parent company.
   I'd say keep the Rhinos with two assault stands, or have an option
of 6 Razorback AIFVs or 6 Rhinos (one assault stand per Rhino, and
adjust the company cost accordingly). Personally, I once considered
mounting a Battle company in Chimeras, but was investigated for
herecy by the omniscient Inquisition :-) (that, and I didn't feel
like ordering from GW that time)

Eric

P.S. Has anyone thought of wheeled APC transport for Imperial troops?
<Laughs maniacally and looks about paranoically, wary of any
Inquisitors on the list>