New Warmonger Stats for the group.

From: brandu <brandu_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 15:52:17 -0000

Following a couple of frenzied emails from Peter and me finding
out what I did with the stats I had made up for the Warmonger
Titan I am now posting these stats to the group for feedback
and comments. I really hope that this comes out in a decent
format, if not, please let me know and I'll email the MSWord
documant to anyone who would like it.

Emperor Class Titan: Warmonger
The Warmonger Titan is very close in appearence and structure
to the Imperator Titan, but they have different roles upon the
battlefield. In battle, the Warmonger is usually held back to
provide long range fire support due to it's large weapons load
of support missiles and it's massive Anti-Aircraft capabilities.
The Warmonger is not quite as capable at Close Assault as the
Imperator due to it's specified role of Support and Command Control
Emperor Class Titans are known to have existed well before the
Horus Heresy and while several Chaos Imperators are known to exist
there are no known Chaos Warmongers.

Until I am able to convert one that is. ;)

Close Assault Factor: +20
Void Shields: 12
Psychic Saving throw: 2+

I. Generating Plasma Counters:
The Warmonger rolls 1d6 and adds +2 to the score for purposes
of determining Plasma Generation.

(NOTE: Titan Legions Rulebook, 1994, page 18, comments on the
Warmonger being another common Titan in the Emperor Class and
gives this roll as the way to determine Plasma Generation for
the Warmonger.

II. Plasma Usage:
1 Green Plasma to move 5 - 10 cm, 1x 90 degree turn.
1 Red Plasma to move 10 – 20, 1x 45 degree turn
1 Green Plasma for fire control (Advance Fire Phase).
1 Red Plasma for First Fire Phase
1 Green Plasma for Sensorium
1 Green Plasma for void shield repairs. (5+)
1 Red Plasma for void shield repairs on a 4+
1 Green Plasma for Doomstrike Launcher
1-4 Green Plasma for Vengeance Cannon (Max of 4 GPC)
1-4 Red Plasma for Vengeance Cannon (Max of 4)

III. Weapons

A. Doomstrike Missile Launcher
Plasma: 1Green Plasma to shoot 1 missile

range attacks to hit TSM
unlimited as missile as missile as missile type

The Doomstrike Missile Launcher holds 8 missiles; the type and
number of which must be determined before the battle. The Doomstrike
Missile Launcher may mount any of the following missile types but
the points cost of these must be added to the point total of the
Warmonger.

Missile Types:
Barrage Missile, Warp Missile, Vortex Missile, and Harpoon Missile.

(NOTE: This particular set-up is based off of the write-up in
E40k magazine #1. Yes, I know that the chances of being able
to fire '8' missiles is practically non existant, but the
Warmonger is flexible in it's shooting choices. ie: Load out
is 2 of each type of missile. Targets available will determine
which I shoot.)

B. Vengeance Cannon
Plasma: The accelerator chamber has place for four Plasma Counters.

A green counter gives this profile:
range attacks to hit TSM SP
100cm 2 per GPC 4+ -4 4 counters max
125cm with Sensorium

A red counter gives this profile:
range attacks to hit TSM SP
150cm 2 per RPC 3+ -6 4 Counters Max
175cm with sensorium

 (NOTES: These profiles give the weapon adequate punch, while
still being weaker in effect than the Plasma Annihilator of the
Imperator Titan. The Vengeance Cannon is in effect a longer ranged,
combo version of the Plasma Cannon and Plasma Destructor while still
allowing the Warmonger to fire other weapons and move. Also note
that the Warmonger generates a lower maximum amount of Plasma
Counters per turn than the Imperator Titan.)

C. Flak Battery auto-cannons
Plasma: Fire control powered, separate Plasma Counters are not
required.

range attacks to hit TSM SP
25cm to 75cm 16 5+ -1 see below
25cm to 100cm with sensorium

AA gun (snap fire) The Flak Batteries can shoot at Titans,
Praetorians, Flyers, Floaters, and Skimmers (that are performing
a pop up attack) at any range up to the maximum range. Other models
may only be targeted if they are between 25cm-75cm (or 100cm with
sensorium)

(NOTE: AA guns have historically had problems with lowering their
barrels enough to be effective versus ground units. The height of
the Warmonger, and the location of the Flak Batteries on the
Warmonger, would amplify this problem.)

D. Gun Head
Plasma: Fire control powered, separate Plasma Counters are not
required.

range attacks to hit TSM SP
50cm 2 4+ -2 ----
75cm with Sensorium

E. Secondary Weapons
Plasma: Fire control powered, separate Plasma Counters are not
required.

range attacks to hit TSM SP
50cm 6 5+ -1
75cm with sensorium

The Warmonger Titan carries 12 stands of troops (only in the
bastions!), which fire the bolters and secondary weapons.

F. Bolters
Plasma: Secondary Fire control powered, separate Plasma Counters
are not required.
Bolters may always fire in the First Fire Phase regardless of the
amount of power directed to Fire Control.

range attacks to hit TSM SP
50cm 4 5+ -1 Secondary Weapons
The Warmonger Titan carries 12 stands of troops (only in the
bastions!), which fire the bolters and secondary weapons.

IV. Sensorium
Plasma: one green counter

The Sensorium adds +25cm to all weapon ranges except Bolters when
powered and not damaged.

V. Lysander Spotting Craft

move save CAF weapons range A.D. to hit TSM
25cm-75cm 5+ +1 bolters 25cm 2 5+ 0

The Lysander is a Flyer that may act as a forward observer and
allows the Doomstrike launcher to be fired indirectly like
artillery (with a scatter roll).

Points Cost:
Obviously highly dependent upon the missile load, ANY input on
the point score would be greatly appreciated. The Flak Batteries
offset the lowered capabilities of the Vengeance Cannon quite a
bit but the Warmonger also does not mount the Main Battery or
Defence Laser of the Imperator. I am currently looking at a cost
of around 1500 to 1600 points prior to Missile purchase.
A Warmonger with 8 Barrage Missiles would be _at_ 2400 points.

Brandu/QSK
quicksilver_knight_at_hotmail.com