[NetEpic ML] Re: Gargants and their Balls

From: Luca Lettieri <l.lettieri_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 23:55:27 +0100

On 9 Dec 99, at 9:28, Kelvin wrote:

> That Titans USED to be the awesome, all-powerful lords of the
> battlefield in Adeptus Titanicus Epic and were downgraded a great deal
> in Titan Legions Epic. We've tried to redress the balance somewhat in
> NetEpic, but many of us think they are still quite squishy as they
> stand. That's the big deal.

Maybe it's just me, but I LIKE the fact that Titans are vulnerable. I
would say Gargants are too though, rather than warlords are too
fragile.

Ok, given the point cost of your average warlord (or phantom), they
come down a little too easily. But... if and when the matter will be
addressed, please keep in mind the way WH40K and WFB went
through the various editions.. with dumber and dumber rules which
allowed ridiculously powerful characters/heroes/monsters to win a
game by themselves.

A titan going through an enemy company alone and unsupported
SHOULD die. Tactically, it's one of the most idiotic moves anyone
could devise. The fact that the rules allow for such a move to
succeed, and thus make it a viable option, does NOT make for a
better game, IMHO.

Luca Lettieri