RE: [NetEpic ML] More brainstorming

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 09:27:28 +0300

Let's make a comparsion.

Tank: In order to immobilise it a person has to pop out of hiding and throw the said charge at the tank's tracks. In order to do that he needs to throw the charge at the said tracks which are at ground level. He has to go near but not actually touch the thing.

Titan: In order to seriously damage or destroy a leg a person has to pop a knee joint. In order to do that he has to secure himself to the titan's leg somehow and scale the leg several meters upwards until he can wedge the charge in a place where it can damage the vulnerable joint rather than just a few centimeters of adamantium plate. All the while the titan is probably moving and scaling its leg is somewhat akin to cliff climbing during an earthquake, and as if this was not enough that bastard princeps is coutinuously feeding high-voltage electrical pulses trhough the titan's skin to prevent just the kind of thing our hero is attempting to do.

Conclusion: it's a bit more difficult for infantry to try to immobilise or to destroy a titan than a tank.

> if it's got moving parts, those parts can be made to not move. you're
> not killing the whole titan, just trying to ruin a leg or two.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.