RE: [NetEpic ML] An idea for Slann Mechs

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:25:21 -0400

Hi!

Its from the point of view of making things easier for the player. For
example, to just have tables would mean you need to keep track of which
units have upgrades and which don't, more importantly your opponent will
always be wondering which of them have those upgrades making it somewhat
unfair for him (it should be no secret who has the upgrades). With cards
you just plunk it down besides the unit you wish to upgrade and neither
you nor your opponent need spend time wondering who or what has those
upgrades. From a bookkeeping stand point, cards are invaluable.

Quite frankly, I'd make titan weapons into cards too just to avoid
having to look up weapon rules in the middle of a game.

Wanting to make them cards as opposed to tables is just to reduce the
amount of time it would take to construct an army list and increase play
time. With cards you'd pick your slann companies and support and slam
down upgrade cards right besides them. Otherwise you need to write down
on some paper which is which, too much of a hassle.

Peter