Re: RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: more questions :)

From: Rune Karlsen <rune.karlsen6_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:37:54 +0200

Hi,

Ive done a mock battle between a Slann Mage in Mech(SMM) and a Colossus(C)
(they're the
same price and both special cards). I've assumed they're at 75cms range, and
only firing at eachother.
Now, the SMM usually manages to get a nullify missile in, which reduces the
C's chances to hit,
and usually takes down either one or two shields per turn (of which half are
regen'ed). So, for the
SMM to get in a shot, it takes it about 6 turns to get the C's shields down.
By that time the SMM
is toast. It may survive a few rounds (i even got it to last 4 rounds one
time) due to its warp shield
and 1+ save, but it's no match for the C's. I do recognize the fact that
head-on testing isnt always the
best way to test units. The SMM has some other powers as well, which can be
used to help other
Mechs warpjump and such. But, it just doesnt have anywhere near the
resiliency or firepower that
the C's has, and is a piece of cake to wipe out in close combat (which is
easily done if you have to
use the SMM offensively, since no other armies have so few detachments.
Eventually, you have to
move the SMM, and then it has to stay put and take it). So, in conclusion :
This unit costs 500.
It is a mage in a heavy mech. A mage would cost about 150, and a heavy mech
costs 167 points.
Reason dictates that it shouldn't cost more than the two combined, it should
probably cost less,
given that it is one unit, not two.

The Time Mage really has to be tested in combat, since its a do or dont
unit.

Rune