Re: [NetEpic ML] FIRST ONLINE EPIC BATTLE! :)

From: Rune Karlsen <rune.karlsen6_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:12:46 +0200

Comments on some the changes we've done with the Slann while Rune is setting up his forces.

The thought of claming into transports wearing battlesuits seemd kind of strange to me, so I suggested we increase the movement for the spawn- and vanguards instedad. We've increased the cost for the spawnguards to 275 for a detachment, but no increase for the vanguards at the moment. However thet should probably be considered based on their performance on the battlefield today. As for the mechs, we've made them mor distinct in their roles, making the ligh mech better in CC and armed it with a twin turbo minigun. The medium mech is as it was before, but its main weapon has been changed from a Conversion cannon to a conversion beamer(50 cm, 2 attacks, 5+, - 1d3) , and Gaus Flayer Gun (50 cm, 2 attacks, 4+ , -2). No Changes to the heavy mech.

Rune is complaining in the bacground, he is having a hard time setting up his forces........ <chukkle> However, I believe he chose the right side to set up! We're looking at massive CC in the deep forests on the right side of the board. My deepest consern is that he will be able to pin down my forces with his Neuro Disruptor missiles!

Well it is soon time to roll the first initiative!!!! (Rune usually wins that...... <sigh>)

Nils

As Nils was saying, ive had a hard time setting up my forces. The terrain causes me to have to spread my forces out more
than i would like. Im also very wary of his wave serpents and striking scorpions. He also has alot of pesky bikes, which no
doubt will try to take out my mechs. Now Nils is revealing his forces, so i guess we'll have to roll initiative.

Nils won initiative by 6 to 3, so his exaggurated claim that i always win initiative is hereby refuted.

We'll keep posting, so keep reading :)

Rune