Re[2]: [NetEpic ML] Special characters

From: Christian Danckworth <ce.de_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:55:59 +0200

Hello Tom,

Friday, April 19, 2002, 11:19:44 AM, you wrote:

if you are interested you can download special cards for some of these
characters on "weirdboy" on www.fantastictool.net.
we also plan to make cards for other characters of these in the list
below.

TW> See comments below:

TW> "Weasel Fierce" <septimus__at_...> on 18/04/2002 19:06:00

TW> Please respond to netepic_at_yahoogroups.com

TW> To:��� netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
TW> cc:

TW> Subject:��� [NetEpic ML] Special characters

>>I have to say, at the moment unless someone comes up with some less cheesy
>>rules, I totally agree with Eivind.
>>

TW> Hey guys. I managed to find something I posted to the list a long while
TW> ago,
TW> and which didnt cause too much outrage back then.

TW> Its basically every space marine special char' from 40K that I could think
TW> of...Here goes again:

TW> The idea is that to field a character you must have a certain number of
TW> points in your army. Points "used" to field one character cant be used to
TW> field another.

TW> Ultramarines:

TW> Marneus Calgar
TW> Calgar is the chapter master and supreme commander of the ultramarines. He
TW> is a great warrior, charismatic leader and one of the best strategists in
TW> the universe.
TW> Type: Marneus Calgar is a special card
TW> Requirement: 4000 points of ultramarines
TW> Model: Marneus is a space marine commander with the following
TW> modifications:
TW> He get +3 CAF, 5+ fixed saving throw.
TW> Brilliant tactician: Marneus may always change the orders of a nearby unit,
TW> in addition to the normal choice for being a commander. I.E. he could makes
TW> units force march AND change an order, or he could change two orders.

->> So you can use Charge orders and then First fire?

TW> Chief Librarian Tigurius
TW> Tigurius is the oldest and most potent of the ultramarine librarians, and
TW> is
TW> often consulted because of his prophetic abilities.
TW> Type: Tigurius is a special card
TW> Requirement: 3000 points of ultramarines
TW> Model: Tigurius is a librarian but receive +2 CAF and a 5+ fixed saving
TW> throw.
TW> Hood of hellfire: Tigurius wears the hood of hellfire, giving his ranged
TW> attacks a -1 save modifier and making them count as a physical psychic
TW> attack.
TW> Rod of Tigurius: Any psychic saving throws against powers used by tigurius
TW> suffer a -1 modifier

->> This is cool.

TW> Captain Invictus
TW> Invictus is the leader of the ultramarines first company.
TW> Type: Invictus replaces the HQ of a terminator company
TW> Requirement: 3000 points of ultramarines
TW> Model: Invictus is a terminator HQ, add +2 CAF and a 5+ fixed save.
TW> Terminator wargear: A company containing Invictus will be better equipped
TW> and carrying smoke launchers. Once per game, a detachment in Invictus'
TW> company, may fire smoke launchers incurring a -1 to hit penalty on all
TW> enemy
TW> fire towards them.

->> I like this one.

TW> Ancient Helveticus
TW> Helveticus is a chaplain of the ultramarines and has a fierce hatred of
TW> tyranids.
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 2000 points of ultramarines
TW> Model: Chaplain. Add +1 CAF and 6+ fixed save.
TW> Kill the abominations ! : Any unit having a model within 10 cm. of
TW> Helveticus will pass morale tests automatically when fighting tyranids.
TW> Helveticus himself get +1 CAF against tyranids and zoats.

->> Nice one

TW> Commander Dante
TW> Dante is the chapter master of the Blood Angels and a fearsome fighter.
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 4000 points of blood angels
TW> Model: Dante is a commander but adds +4 CAF, 5+ fixed save and jump pack.
TW> Bodyguard: Dante is accompanied by a bodyguard of 5 veteran marines with
TW> jump packs. This unit forms a detachment on its own (no rhinos) and is not
TW> broken unless Dante is killed.

->> A detachment of one stand?

TW> Brother captain Tycho
TW> Tycho is a captain of the Blood Angels and has a fierce hatred of orks
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 3000 points of blood angels
TW> Model: Tycho is a commander but adds +2 CAF and a 5+ fixed save.
TW> Hatred: Tycho may reroll any roll of 1 when fighting orks in close combat.
TW> This also applies to any allied forces within 10 cm.
TW> Armageddon note: Tycho joins the death company and dies during the battles
TW> of armageddon (3rd war). To reflect Tycho in this battle add +2 to CAF +1
TW> saving throw and use attach him to a death company squad.

->> This is cool.

TW> Mephiston lord of death
TW> Mephisotn is the only blood angel to have been taken by teh red thirst and
TW> then overcoming it.
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 3000 poitns of blood angels
TW> Model: Mephiston is a librarian but adds +4 CAF and a 4+ fixed save.
TW> Transfixing stare: Any model in base contact with mephiston must pass a
TW> morale check or lose 1d6 from its assault roll.

->> Again, nice

TW> Chaplain Lemartes
TW> Lemartes is a chaplain of the blood angels and the the only person being
TW> able to fully keep the death company in check
TW> Type: Replaces the chaplain in a death company
TW> Requirement: 3000 points of blood angels
TW> Model: Chaplain. Add +1d3 CAF and 5+ fixed save.
TW> Control: As well as leading the death company, Lemartes counts as a regualr
TW> chaplain to any nearby troops.

->> Cool

TW> Moriar the chosen
TW> Moriar is the only blood angel dreadnought known to have entered the death
TW> company and he is a fearsome enemy
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 3000 points of blood angels. Army must include a death company
TW> Model: Scatolo assault dreadnought. Add +3 CAF, save is never modified
TW> below
TW> 5+.
TW> Berserk: Moriar must advance towards the closest enemy and assault if at
TW> all
TW> possible.

->> Cool

TW> Corbulo, keeper of the grail
TW> Corbulo is a sanguinary priest and carries the legendary red grail into
TW> battle, inspiring the blood angels to fight on through impossible odds.
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 3000 points of blood angels
TW> Model: Medic. Add +1 CAF and 6+ fixed save
TW> Inspiration: Blood angels within 10 cm. of Corbulo may add +5 cm. to their
TW> speed (doubled for charging)

->> Cool

TW> Commander Azrael
TW> Azrael is the leader and master of the dark angels and a fine strategist as
TW> well.
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 4000 points of dark angels
TW> Model: Commander. Add +3 CAF and 5+ fixed save.
TW> Lion helm: ALL models within 10 cm. receive a 6+ fixed saving throw
TW> Brillian strategy: As for Marneus above

->> So you can use Charge orders and then First fire?

TW> Ezekiel master of librarians
TW> Ezekiel is a dark angel chief librarian as well as the hodler of the book
TW> of
TW> salvation
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 3000 points of dark angels
TW> Model: Librarian. Add +1 CAF and 5+ fixed save.
TW> Book of Salvation: If killed, leave a marker to indicate the position of
TW> the
TW> book. Until it is retrieved, all dark angels within 50 cm. get +1 to morale
TW> checks and dark angels within 20 cm. get +1 to CAF.
TW> For every turn the book is not retrieved, the opponent earns 2 VP

->> This is cool.

TW> Brother Bethor
TW> Bethor carries the sacred standards of the dark angels into battle.
TW> Type: Added to a marine infantry company.
TW> Requirements: 3000 points of dark angels
TW> Model: Tactical space marine. Add 6+ fixed save.
TW> Sacred standards: All dark angels within 10 cm. get +1 to morale rolls and
TW> CAF

->> Cool

TW> Scout sergeant Namaan
TW> Namaan (or possibly Naaman) is the most experience of the the dark angel
TW> scout sergeants.
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirements: 1500 points of dark angels
TW> Model: HQ unit. Add 6+ fixed save and +1 CAF
TW> Scout commandos: Namaan make up a detachment together with 5 scout stands.
TW> These stands have morale 2 and are not broken before Namaan is killed.
TW> Infiltration master: Namaans detachment may infiltrate after ALL other
TW> infiltrators have done so

->> Cool

TW> Captain Cortez
TW> Cortez is one of the most stubborn and resilient of the crimson fists.
TW> Type: Replaces a veteran HQ
TW> Requirement: 3000 poitns of crimson fists
TW> Model: HQ unit. Add +1 CAF and a 3+ fixed save.
TW> Resilience: Due to his extreme resiliency, cortez can avoid even things
TW> which kill models outright on a 6+ roll (no modifiers)

->> 3+ Fixed save... a bit potent isn't it?

TW> Sergeant Lysander
TW> Lysander is a veteran sergeant of the imperial fists known for his
TW> experience with bolter use
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 1500 points of imperial fists
TW> Model: Veteran space marine. Add 6+ fixed save.
TW> Bolter drill: All marines within 10 cm. of Lysander may reroll failed to
TW> hit
TW> rolls when firing bolters

->> Could be cool, needs playtesting and a reasonable cost.

TW> Chaplain Xavier
TW> Xavier serves the Salamanders as their supreme chaplain nad leader of the
TW> cult prometheus
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 3000 points
TW> Model: Chaplain. Add +1 CAF and 4+ fixed save
TW> Master artisan: Xavier may repair vehicles just like a techmarine

->> 4+ fixed save? Why?

TW> The Emperors Champion
TW> When the black templars fight, one of their number is appointed as the
TW> emeperors champion.
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 2000 points of Black templars
TW> Model: Veteran space marine with +2 CAF and 5+ fixed save.
TW> Challenge: The Emperors champion may also charge and target command stands
TW> regardless of other enemy troops, even being allowed to charge through
TW> enemy
TW> enemy stands to get at a command stand.

->> Cool

TW> Ragnar Blackmane
TW> Ragnar is the ferocious leader of a space wolf great company.
TW> Type: Replaces one of the wolf guard stands leading a great company
TW> Requirement: 3000 points of space wolves
TW> Model: Wolf guard with +3 CAF, +5 movement and 5+ fixed save.
TW> Wolf howl: Ragnar may emit a wolf howl once per game. THis encourages all
TW> space wolves within 20 cm. adding +5 to their speed and CAF

->> +5 to CAF?!? Is this a typo? Otherwise it is cool.

TW> Logan Grimnar
TW> Logan is the maste rof the space wolves and both a revered leader and a
TW> great warrior
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 4000 points of space wolves
TW> Model: Commander with +3 CAF and 4+ fixed save.
TW> Ferocious warrior: Logan is a dangerous warrior wielding a mighty weapon
TW> and
TW> may pin vehicle models.
TW> Charismatic leader: Any imperial troops within 20 cm. of Logan receive +1
TW> morale rolls

->> I like this.

TW> Ulrik the Slayer
TW> Ulrik serves the space wolves as a rune priest and is responsible for
TW> training many young warriors
TW> Type: Special card
TW> Requirement: 3000 poitns of space wolves
TW> Model: Rune priest with +2 CAF and 5+ fixed save
TW> Training: If including Ulrik in an army, you may pick a wolf guard
TW> detachment in power armor that receives a +1 bonus to CAF.

->> Again this is cool, he is a wolf priest BTW.