Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Core rules: objectives

From: Sam Dale <epic_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 20:57:52 +0100

> ASSAULT
> This objective marker represents an enemy held position, such as a
> communications relay point. To achieve the mission you must attack the
> counter in close combat just as if it was an opposing model. The counter
> has a close assault factor of +5, and the combat is treated just

> BOMBARD
> To achieve this objective, you must destroy the counter. It is treated
> like a building with a 4+ save on 2d6, and can only be targeted by
> barrage weapons or weapons whose specific description states that they
> may attack buildings. If the counter fails it's saving throw it is
> destroyed and the player may take the objective.

How about combining these two? Make it a fortified building with a CAF that
can be broken in an assault or at range. And only by the attacking side. Not
sure how to do this though. Does the defender get the points if the attacker
doesn't destroy the objective, or is that too easy? The defender has to
place the objective under normal restrictions of course (probably behind
something so it can't be shot up so quickly), and they will have to allocate
resources to defend it...

And i'd rather have the objectives selected randomly after the armies have
been chosen. I'm always up for persuading people to choose armies that have
a bit of variety and balance and to play with some adaptabiity.

Sam.