Leviathan Tech Fluff

From: mitchtanz <askari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 04:56:21 -0000

Hi Everyone

`The Leviathan super-heavy command centres form the mobile
headquarters of an Imperial Guard regiment. Each contains extensive
communications and surveillance gear used to co-ordinate the regiment
in action, including spy satellite link-ups, lines to orbiting
spacecraft, control gear for tiny flying spy robots, and direct links
to each company HQ unit. Inside are the regiment's senior officers,
its Guard colonel and his staff, plus a considerable fighting crew to
man the many weapons.'

I am looking for some technical fluff on the I.G. Leviathan. I am
particularly interested in its probably internal layout. It seems to
me that it is a giant APC consisting of these parts.

1. Command Tower on rear top roof for Regimental officers and
command operators etc…

2. Observation deck running along the top of rear compartment
with living/office/command and control areas.

3. Bridge - A forward Observation deck – elevated above rear
roof with primary control of the actually Leviathan, with
Battlecannon turret on top.

4. Rear main compartment for carrying troops, with drop down
door/ramp very much so like an APC.

5. Turrets, setout along both sides quote: `Because of its
mobile turrets and the arrangement of its other weapons these may be
fired all round.'

6. Presumably under forward machine control deck – the bridge -
is the Doomsday Cannon and the ammunition storage area. Power plant
for the armaments.

7. From the damage tables I see the reactor in underneath the
troop compartment between the tracks/drivetrain and is only
vulnerable from enemy shots to the rear of the vehicle.

Has the Games Workshop gurus ever had further detail of the Leviathan
published and particularly a cut-a-way drawing or similar in a White
Dwarf or Epic magazine? Has anyone out there come across
good unofficial fluff, again, detailing internal/external layout of
the Leviathan?

Thanks for any information and answers. I hope this post does not
duplicate into too many mailboxes.

Best Wishes
Mitch