RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Core Rules: Titans and Preatorians

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:45:12 +0000

>That's a good idea too, how about elites just starting with no orders
>and "pick one" when they are activated and act in the limitations of
>those orders? It would simulate their tactical superiority.

That would work, and would definately make them tough cookies. It woould
propably require playtesting.

>As for the re-roll, one per detachment, be it a morale check, a single
>stands saving throw or just one attack die. It's a boon, but a small
>one. Useful but not overpowering. As for keeping track, just keeping the
>order counter with the unit will be marker enough.
>
>I'd say I like the "orders" idea slightly more than a re-roll.

So do I..but thats just because I want to see my idea in the rules ;)

But honestly, I think order benefits are better. Giving them a dieroll
boosts morale or shooting or whatever, which elites are usually already
better at

Weasel