RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Unit special ability: Elite

From: Bernasconi Davide <davide.bernasconi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:48:39 +0200

> > 3) They allow re-rolls. The controlling player gets one counter per
> > detachment (three per company). A counter may be spent to re-roll
> any one
> > die rolled by any Elite unit. You may use as many as you want at
> any time,
> > but each counter only allows a single re-roll of a single die.
> Counters
> > also can't be used for anything *but* Elite units (you can't use
> them for
> > initiative).
>
> One counter PER GAME, or one PER TURN? I'm in with the first one: is
> a small bonus (small?) but still significant, IMHO.

I'm for one counter per TURN, tipically in which situation you can you it:

1) fire: one for game is not very significant
2) morale: every elite have very low morale (1+, 2+) so it is very unlike to use it
3) cc: better, but with their high CAF how many times they loss?
4) other??

Maybe a pool of counter for each det, with different cost for fire, morale, cc, ecc. But I'm aware that it's more bookeping (remember very few det)

Davide