Re: [NetEpic ML] Having another try

From: Sam Dale <epic_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:22:50 +0100

> I'm digging out my Epic minis and giving this game another try -
> wonder if I'll get them all painted this time? :)
>
> What killed it last time was the lack of local players. Is there
> anybody in East Yorkshire (Hull) who actually plays this game?

It's been 4 years since i left uni up there, so things may have changed.
Archeron was still there two or three summers ago, but i've not been back
since.

Archeron is a little games and book shop in an alley in the town centre.
Just round the corner from GW, but i can't remember the road. They used to
have a decent collection of second hand GW stock including epic stuff, but
they turned to the card games cos they were the ones making them money. Last
time i was in they still had gw and roleplaying supplies, but were buried
under pokemon kiddies. They'll know most of what's going on in the Hull
gaming community.

Humberside Wargames meets in the middle of town. They've got office space
above some of the shops, with an entrance in a back alley. Spend weekends
playing. Mix of GW, historical and CCGs. I reckon the CCGs will be dead by
now though.

The other club i'm not au fait with, but there was another established one,
which archeron or humberside might be able to help with finding.

There's also WARPS (Wargames And Role Play Society) at Hull uni. Might be
worth leaving a note on their notice board in the Union building. They'll
probably be mostly youngsters, but there's usually a good mix of games.
However, they'll only be around another month or so before summer hols. End
of September for the next intake...

Someone somewhere will be ready to pick it up again with a little
prodding...

Let me know what you find out about Archeron. I'm hoping for a reunion type
thing in the summer up there and wouldn't mind knowing whether to start
saving for second hand purchases now.

Sam.