RE: [NetEpic ML] Son Of HQ Targeting

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:25:14 -0400

Hi!

Okay, that sounds good.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Weasel Fierce [mailto:septimus__at_...]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 1:02 PM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [NetEpic ML] Son Of HQ Targeting

>Example: A chaos champion runs into a building and there are many other
>detachments nearby closer to the enemy. Some detachments are even
within
>10cm. Buildings are targets-period. You get no benefit from the
>targeting roll or by being close to a detachment. The HQ unit will have
>to depend on the innate penalties to fire at him that the building or
>other cover provides (this may not be as bad as it sounds since I have
>some ideas for buildings and the protection they afford for when we
>cover that subject).

The big problem I have with this is that it still mean its better to
have
the HQ standing next to the building within 10 cm, than inside.

I dont see why a detachment in a building cannot be targeted because a
single stand in that building cannot be targeted (due to proximity to
the
grunts)

Allow the same rules to apply for buildings as outside them. You cannot
target the HQ (since its within the "safe" distance) however, the other
troops in the building are as much of a valid target as if they were
standing on flat ground, as is the building.

This does not suddenly make the troops in the building immune to fire in
any
way.

Weasel