Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] HQ hitting (my proposal) (long)

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:15:50 +0000

> What do you think? Some figures (like proximity of covering units)
>should be tested but I think is a good system because, HQ units are mostly
>impossible to target at long range, while still reasonably vulnerable
>whereas at close range they are far more vulnerable, which is balanced by
>the fact that closing to them should be dangerous. Please note that I
>thought about it a lot, there's no chance to abuse with IG or orks. If they
>go only for HQ they have to dedicate a lot of points on it and it won't be
>worth it. It's far more useful trying to kill some troops before attacking
>the SHQ (which is also more Real Life(TM)).

As such this is a good system..the main problem is...it piles on a lot of
complexity to a fairly narrow situation.

I would definately prefer something thats very quick, very easy to remember
and trouble free to use.

That seems to be the main idea of the NetEpic rules and should be maintained
i think

Weasel