Re: HQ targeting Part IV

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:05:34 -0400

>Transport vehicles are tanks etc. and are an obvious target I guess, though
>this can lead to unscrupulous targeting of HQ's in tanks.
>
>As for buildings .. if we go with what I suggested, theres no need for any
>special rule.
>If the HQ is in the same building as the foot troops, then you cannot target
>the HQ.
>
>Any other troops in the building are valid targets as normal, no change.
>
>Weasel

I've understood that the Rhino (or other transport) that comes with an HQ
infantry stand is an HQ unit itself. In the case of a Tactical Marine HQ
it's be one Rhino among many and therefore difficult to target, but with an
IG Tactical Company it'd be the only vehicle pinning-class unit in the
area. I guess that means IG commanders shouldn't stay buttoned up. I can
live with that.

And yes, I agree that a building should always be a valid target. Giving
the HQ immunity when in one, though - I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. I
think there should be the 1-in-6 change of being able to target the HQ
specificly.

+++++

>How about letting the HQ pass the damage
>on to another stand if they can roll 2+ on 1d6? That
>means they will *probably* survive, but it still
>allows for some element of risk.
>
>Steve

I like that. Simple, too. I'll vote for it.
-Yar