[NetEpic ML] Re: Heros

From: Andy Michaud <amichaud_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 19:30:58 +0000

Tzeentch wrote:

> The heroes in 2nd Edition were WAYYYYYYYYYYY too overbalanced. I should know
> since I abused the hell out of them.
>
> Commissar Yarrick by HIMSELF made the IG an army that was better then
> Marines. All IG units in LOS automatically passed morale checks. Holy
> smokes! And he was what, 250 points? AND he could kick major ass in CC and
> had a great weapon? Come on now, every time I played with IG I used him.
>
> All the special characters were terminally screwed for balance and were just
> a cheap way of linking 40K to Epic (notice the stats for Yarrick and the
> others came out in the same issues/sections as the 40K models did).
>
> No Heroes in Epic!

I do agree whole heartedly that heroes are way overbalanced as it is. However,
It does add a special flavor to the game to be able to field a cool special
unit that SLIGHTLY enhances others. I say tone down the heroes but don't
totally throw them away. That would be a shame to lose some of the story behind
the game.

Andy