RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Core Rules: Fortification tidbits

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 09:10:52 +0300

No need to add "damages buildings" to mole mortar since any barrage weapon already does. As for the "ignores cover"; IMO that's reserved for flame-type weapons. Even if the mole mortar shell pops up through the floor of a fortress the situation isn't any different from a standard shell coming thruogh the roof. And a direct hit to a trench is a direct hit no matter where the shell comes from. As for can't damage skimmers, why? The shell explodes as it breaks the ground and the blast is in every way comparable to normal artillery.

Vibro cannon is a different matter since the resonating waves actually are transmitted so that the ground acts as the medium, so a skimmer would pretty much be immune to those.

> -Yar

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.