RE: Sv: Sv: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] New Imperial units

From: Steve Kerry <steve_kerry_uk_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 12:21:50 +0100 (BST)

> I've had a slightly more humorous experience with
> the Cyclone in second Ed.
> where they toned it down a little bit it seems as
> you only got a 1/2"
> template per 2 missiles you fired after the first 2
> in the salvo.

Ah, it used to be 1/2" radius for every missile so of
course everybody fired all 12 in the first turn. Next
time you are gaming, and somebody sends out for a 12"
pizza, imagine dropping the pizza on the table and
saying: "Everybody under that pizza is dead!" And it
only cost the Termies 50pts? No wonder we all hated
it! Sold a lot of Cyclone minis though, which of
course was the whole idea.

> > even the oh-so-rare Vortex grenades
>
> You sure it was rare

They were supposed to be incredibly rare! Something
like one grenade per battle, and even then it was very
inaccurate and always deviated on a 2+ - otherwise it
would take out a Land Raider every time (hopefully
with the commander on board).

Then the IG list came out and suddenly you could equip
a whole squad of grunts with vortex grenades! From
the sublime to the commonplace!

Steve