RE: [semi OT]Alternatives to 40k (was: RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0 ] New Imperial units)

From: Millett, George <George.Millett_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 13:35:30 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: jyrki.saari_at_... [mailto:jyrki.saari@...]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 11:59 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [semi OT]Alternatives to 40k (was: RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0]
New Imperial units)

[snip]
> Please let us know if you find something better, I
> would also be very interested in an alternative to
> 40K. I like GW's background, but their game rules
> suck.

There's VOID, Warzone and VOR. Personally I prefer warzone upgraded with my
modified vehicle rules. It's strange that out of 40k, VOID, VOR and Warzone
40k actually has the best vehicle armor penetration rules. VOR OTOH is the
only ruleset which has complete troop design rules. The Warzone point value
system is so obscure I haven't been able to figure it out. :(

--------------> Haven't tried VOR but both Warzone and Voids are very good
game systems with Warzone being a bit closer to the skirmish scale given
with the old 2nd Ed.

> Steve

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.