Re: [NetEpic ML] Targeting/Firing rules take a look

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 09:13:45 -0400

>The basic rule for targeting HQ's is that they must be
>closest unit (almost everyone agrees).

Well, mostly. I think the basics we agreed upon were: target an HQ only if
it's the closest unit, or there are no other units of it's pinning class
within 10. Other than that, they're safe.

> There are no
>rules for spliting up fire and there should be.

I don't. It adds complexity to the rules, and since I generally only have 6
or 12 dice at time, I'm not going to spread my fire much anyway. It also
adds situation like "This unit can't see the same target as the rest of the
detachment - does that mean it can't fire at something right in front of it?"

>I am going to use them as house
>rules because they clarify the shooting phase.
>
>Darius

You're right - they clarify the shooting phase but add a further
restriction to the game. Sorry, but I'm going to vote against this one
going into the core rules.
-Yar