Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Imperial revision: marines part I

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 20:49:43 +0000

>Scouts
>Space Marine Scouts are the initiates that have yet to prove themselves in
>battle. They may infiltrate after initial deployment up to their full
>charge move before the battle begins. Scouts do not wear tactical armor and
>thus are less protected than other Space Marines.
>Models: Scout models on the GW Space Marine sprue, or IG Tactical models on
>the GW Imperial Guard sprue.
>
> > IMO the wording on the infiltration sould be clearer. something like:
>The scouts often infiltrate the battlefield and sneak near enemy positions
>to lanch surprise attacks. To represent this the scouts get an extra move.
>After initial deployment but before the battle begins the scouts may be
>moved up to their full charge move.
>
>In the old rules the scouts could not be moved closer than 5cm to any enemy
>troops. Has this changed in some revision? I could see the justification of
>letting the scouts be moved into CC with the infiltration eg. making a
>surprise assault.

The infiltration rule should be clarified and then moved to the core rules.

> >Any need to change any stats?

I wold like to see assault marines with a +4. To put them more in line with
other troops.

It seem ridiculous that the trained assualt troops of the marines are no
better than a goff ork. And that eldar apect warriors can walk over them

Weasel