[NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Core rules: fliers

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 17:20:29 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., Zerloon <zerloon_at_i...> wrote:
> >orders
> > >
> > > I'll keep the standard order with different effect.
> >
> >There's one more order... you cannot use the standard First
> >Fire/Advance/Charge
>
> Yes but is used only by specific class of flier. I think we can
simply put
> togheter.

All flyers may engage another flyer, not only fighters.

> > > Agree, but again this can be a First fire order.
> >
> >You can use the First fire counter if you want... but give the
order
> >its proper name, or it may just be confusing...
>
> Isn't easyest if we use all the same orders?

> > > Call Advance then.
> >
> >I like "Strafe" a lot ;P
>
> <CRASH!!> <Zerloon's feet on air>

> >(except
> > >
> > > Why another order? Advance again!!
> >
> >Nyet. This order is DIFFERENT from the previous. You can strafe the
> >ground OR other flyers, there isn't an order to do both things.
>
> Yes, but there are very similar.

With a unique order, you can choose to attack ground objects or other
flyers when you activate the flyer detachment (more easy). With two
separate orders, you must decide in the Orders phase if your flyers
will shoot ground units or go dogfighting (more tactical decisions,
more challenging IMHO).

It's just matter to decide what you like most!

> >weapons'
> >an
> > >
> > > And weapon with tamplate like doomwing?
> >
> >Isn't a Barrage weapon, so you can use it against other flyers (in
> >fact, it's the only weapon you have!)
>
> ok

Floaters
> >have
> >levitate
> >low:
LoS
> >units
> >it
> >that
> > >
> > > I'll leave the 25 cm malus, but add that floater in fly high
CANNOT
> >be
> > > shoted exept from AA and pop upped skimmer.
> >
> >Doing as you say, floaters flying high are more difficult to shot
at
> >than thrusters...
>
> No, I think the difficult should is exaxtly the same.

Really? As you've written, Floaters can be shoot at only by AA units
(like thrusters), but _also_ grant a 25cm penalty to the AA weapons'
range.