RE: RE: [v5.0] Space Marine chapters...

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 12:58:31 -0400

>Besides that, I cant really picture flamethroweres as
>particulary sophisticated nor advanced weaponry compared to a titan
>
>Eivind

Perhaps, but let's think about the scale involved. In my Fliers proposal I
worked out Epic scale to around 1mm = 3'. That makes a 6x25 teardrop
flamethrower template about 750 feet long and almost 200 feet wide at the
end. With that, I can stand in the end zone of a football field, fire
through the *far* goal posts and fry everyone in that quarter of the
stadium. Maybe 8,000 seats, more if I fired the long way through the
stands. I dunno about you, but that's quite in line with my idea of a Space
Marine's hand weapon.
-Yar