[NetEpic ML] Re: Helping Titans Survive the Modern World.....

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:40:29 -0600

Hi!

In regards to to the ideas on making titans tougher, the ideas thrown around
are very close to the spirit of the rules I wrote for Incoming!

In summary this is what they are:

It uses a modified template where all the traditional parts are listed, but
areas now have a damage rating or armor points or whatever you'd like to
name it. The effect is that armor thickness is represented between heavier
and lighter titan types. Certain location remain vulnerable while areas that
attract more fire are more heavily armored.

Locations may suffer catastrophic damage as the hits pile up, lucky shots
may occur but titans are more resilient.

Once all damage points in a major locale (head, hull or leg) are gone the
titan is destroyed. Catastrophic damage accelerates this process or takes
the titan out altogether.

I suggest a review of these rules because they were created with bridging
titan deficiencies in mind.

Peter