RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Elite suggestion

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:08:16 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jarreas Underwood [mailto:jarreas_at_...]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:48 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Elite suggestion

Now that we've more or less agreed on what Elite *is*, we're into who
*is*
Elite. First, let me put up the final definition:

Elite: +1 morale, one reroll per game for the detachment, better against
Titans - am I forgetting anything?

Nope, that's about it.

Now I'll suggest a general rule-of-thumb for selecting elite units: they
have to have a cost of at least 250 points per detachment. I've focused
on
infantry as I don't feel the ability is especially appropriate to
anything
else - you may be an expert pilot but that won't make your airplane go
faster or your tank armor survive better. I don't want to get into that
discussion, so I'll restrict Elite status to infantry.

True, I can't think of any non-infantry unit that deserves anyway.

Here's my proposed list of Elite units - I agree with the Elite-or-HQ
idea
and have used it when making the list. Armies I haven't listed are ones
don't know enough about to make suggestions.

PDF: None - ever. If you were Elite you'd be recruited into the Imperial
Guard. Oh, ok - Grey Knights.

Imperial Guard: Grey Knight. Maybe a new type of Elite tactical infantry
called Special Forces or something, but nothing at the moment.

SM: Veteran, Terminator, Grey Knight

Titan Legions: Grey Knight.

Eldar: Exarch.

Ork: Kommandoes. I'm not giving Nobz, Warbosses or Warlords Elite status
as
they need the HQ protection to equal out the Ork command rules. They're
quite admittedly better fighters than regular Orks, and that's
represented
in their better stats. They've got better armor, better CAF and better
weapons - that plus the HQ protection is quite enough.

Chaos: Veteran, Terminator.

Sounds good to me and what of the Aspect warriors? I can go either way
there.

Peter