Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Standarized weapons

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:34:00 +0200

Hi,

Note that even though a SM tactical stand has as weapon "bolters", this includes four bolters + special weapon. Theorically, SM Devastators are two heavy weapons for each stand plus three bolters.

Same for other armies. I think that ork mobs are far too anarchic to have all individuals armed with the same weapon (and probably in the same state and cleaness).

I believe the problem for different stats for same weapons appears because there was a summarising of all weapons used by those troops. Note also that, though in Netepic there are the same chances to hit with a bolter when shot by a SM or an ork, in WH40K it's different. I won't standardize weapons, because

a) the "to-hit" number is defined by the chances of hitting (either weapon ease to use or shooter ability) and causing damage (weapon damage). Note also that sometimes varies for different wepons because there are other weapons mixed
b) the name of the weapon doesn't always reflect purely the weapon used by the troops but the most representative one.

Albert