Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Standarized weapons

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 18:43:07 +0000

>Bolt Pistol - 25cm, 1, 5+, 0

Rename to "Pistols"

>Bolter (infantry) - 50cm, 1, 5+, 0

Rename to "Infantry weapons" or "Small arms"

>Bolter (vehicle) - 15cm, 1, 6+, 0

>Storm Bolter/Nemesis Force Halberd (Grey Knights) - 35cm, 2, 4+, -1

ok

>Heavy Bolter (infantry, walker) - 50cm, 2, 5+, 0

No infantry carry this gun apart from squat heavies and they have vastly
superior stats. For walkers its ok.

>Heavy Bolter (vehicle) - 25cm, 2, 5+, 0

Keep it at one attack and a 6+ to-hit. Otherwise the imperial guard
superheavies get insane.

>Assault Cannon - 35cm, 2, 4+, 0

ok

>Assault Cannon (twin-linked) - 35cm, 2, 3+, 0

Only applicable for the baal predator if we include this

>Autocannon - 75cm, 1, 5+, -1

I'd say 4+ to-hit and no save mod, to distinguish it from a lascannon. Its
dumb they are identical

>Sniper Rifles - 75cm, 1, 4+, 0

ok

>Meltagun - 25cm, 1, 4+, -1

No unit carry this

>Multi-Melta - 25cm, 1, 3+, -2

Its -3 currently. Any reason for the change ?

>Hand Flamer - 15cm, 1, 4+, 0, Ignores cover
>Flamer - 25cm, 1, 4+, 0, Ignores cover
>Heavy Flamer - 35cm, 1, 4+, 0, Ignores cover
>Inferno Cannon - Template, -, 4+, 0, Ignores cover

The heavy flamer would be a nice addition to some dreadnaught

>Laspistol - 25cm, 1, 5+, 0
>Lasgun - 50cm, 1, 5+, 0

Ditch these and just go with pistols and infantry weapons IMO

>Hellgun - 50cm, 1, 5+, -1

No way. Hellguns (and the 2nd edition equivalent) are not more powerfull
than bolters and especially not versus vehicles.

>Multi-Laser - 50cm, 1, 4+, 0
>Lascannon - 75cm, 1, 5+, -1
>Lascannon (twin-linked) - 75cm, 1, 5+, -2

ok

>Demolisher Cannon - 50cm, 1, 4+, -3 Ignores cover
>Battle Cannon - 75cm, 1, 5+, -2

ok

>Plasma Pistol - 25cm, 1, 5+, -1
>Plasma Gun - 50cm, 1, 5+, -1
>Plasma Cannon - 75cm, 1, 5+, -2

Cant recall units carrying these, but seems ok

My couple of cents :)

Weasel