[NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Standarized weapons

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 19:14:37 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Weasel Fierce" <weasel_fierce_at_h...> wrote:

> >Bolt Pistol - 25cm, 1, 5+, 0
>
> Rename to "Pistols"

Why? There aren't "Pistols" in Warhammer bkground...

> >Bolter (infantry) - 50cm, 1, 5+, 0
>
> Rename to "Infantry weapons" or "Small arms"

As above... why?

> >Bolter (vehicle) - 15cm, 1, 6+, 0
>
> >Storm Bolter/Nemesis Force Halberd (Grey Knights) - 35cm, 2, 4+, -1
>
> ok
>
> >Heavy Bolter (infantry, walker) - 50cm, 2, 5+, 0
>
> No infantry carry this gun apart from squat heavies and they have
vastly
> superior stats. For walkers its ok.

Yes, but if we want to give an Infantry unit an Heavy Bolter... here
are the stats.

> >Heavy Bolter (vehicle) - 25cm, 2, 5+, 0
>
> Keep it at one attack and a 6+ to-hit. Otherwise the imperial guard
> superheavies get insane.

No Imperial Guard Super-Heavy actually mount an Heavy Bolter, only
Bolters as far as I know...

> >Assault Cannon - 35cm, 2, 4+, 0
>
> ok
>
> >Assault Cannon (twin-linked) - 35cm, 2, 3+, 0
>
> Only applicable for the baal predator if we include this

Yep, I hope it will be in ^^

> >Autocannon - 75cm, 1, 5+, -1
>
> I'd say 4+ to-hit and no save mod, to distinguish it from a
lascannon. Its
> dumb they are identical

But then it's identical to Sniper Rifles...

> >Sniper Rifles - 75cm, 1, 4+, 0
>
> ok
>
> >Meltagun - 25cm, 1, 4+, -1
>
> No unit carry this

My Dreadnought 'Furioso', if we add it ^^

> >Multi-Melta - 25cm, 1, 3+, -2
>
> Its -3 currently. Any reason for the change ?

It's -2 (check the Land Speeder)

> >Hand Flamer - 15cm, 1, 4+, 0, Ignores cover
> >Flamer - 25cm, 1, 4+, 0, Ignores cover
> >Heavy Flamer - 35cm, 1, 4+, 0, Ignores cover
> >Inferno Cannon - Template, -, 4+, 0, Ignores cover
>
> The heavy flamer would be a nice addition to some dreadnaught
> >Laspistol - 25cm, 1, 5+, 0
> >Lasgun - 50cm, 1, 5+, 0
>
> Ditch these and just go with pistols and infantry weapons IMO

I love details... :P

> >Hellgun - 50cm, 1, 5+, -1
>
> No way. Hellguns (and the 2nd edition equivalent) are not more
powerfull
> than bolters and especially not versus vehicles.

Good point, need some other stats for them...

> >Multi-Laser - 50cm, 1, 4+, 0
> >Lascannon - 75cm, 1, 5+, -1
> >Lascannon (twin-linked) - 75cm, 1, 5+, -2
>
> ok
>

> >Demolisher Cannon - 50cm, 1, 4+, -3 Ignores cover
> >Battle Cannon - 75cm, 1, 5+, -2
>
> ok
> >
> >Plasma Pistol - 25cm, 1, 5+, -1
> >Plasma Gun - 50cm, 1, 5+, -1
> >Plasma Cannon - 75cm, 1, 5+, -2
>
> Cant recall units carrying these, but seems ok

The plasma gun it's the only actually used (Razorback), Plasma Cannon
it's that of the Space Marines Drop Pod, Plasma Pistols are in in
case we need them :P