RE: [NetEpic ML] 5.0 review

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:30:57 -0400

Hi!

Good points. I have pointed out before that we were much more demanding
(i.e. cruel) with the development of the slann than we are accepting
what GW gave to us. The slann discussion were pretty long and tested
pretty thoroughly. Yet, what we refuse to accept in that army we accept
in others. Odd. If the slann are beholden to the standard of no cheese
and units that must reflect their efficiency then why not all the rest.

I find it real funny that for a list filled with people who usually
accept nothing from GW at face value that we can still "hang on" to some
of their pronouncements on unit stats. Remember, GW made the original
game, remember how many loopholes it had? How many stats didn't make
sense and were changed? Cost is just another issue to be dealt with in
the same fashion.

Peter